We help pets by:
Increasing awareness of humane treatment of animals and promoting spay/neuter programs to reduce overpopulation
Providing humane care and medical treatment to stray animals
Providing a clean, warm bed and a full tummy to any homeless or unwanted animals
Inspiring awareness and compassion for all living things
Finding loving and responsible homes for animals at the shelter
There are times when we get cats that are in need of care that is difficult to provide at the shelter with limited hours and staff available. When pregnant cats /moms with kittens or kittens too young to vaccinate are taken in at the shelter we search for foster homes to place them until we take back to the shelter. Occasionally, we have cats with medical problems that need extra care before they can be adopted out that we seek a temporary home for as well. All food, bedding, litter pans etc. are provided by the shelter and any veterinarian costs necessary will be paid for by the shelter. A Cat Foster Application form must be filled out and an interview with the CAReS foster representative is will be arranged to find the best match for our cats. If you are interested in this volunteer program, please leave a message at the shelter by calling 403-625-5370 and a Foster Representative will contact you. The Cat Foster Form is attached here for you to print off, complete & email in to email@example.com.
Benefits of Fostering Pets
1. Fostering allows more homeless pets to be taken into the rescue shelter by rotating them in and out, which saves more of our furry friend’s lives!
2. Un-socialized pets will get more individual attention, increase their exposure, and in turn increase their chance of finding a forever home.
3. You will get a sense of pride knowing that you helped an animal find a wonderful and loving home.
4. Fostering gives animals a chance for exploration that they would not get in a shelter’s limited space.
5. Feral kittens and young adult cats need help with socializing. Being one on one with these cats will make their transition into a home much easier.
6. You will never be bored with a foster pet around! They are an endless source of entertainment from cuddles to training to playing.
7. By fostering a pet, you have joined a community of people who do the same. Lean on each other for support, questions and make new friends in the process of fostering a pet!
8. Fostering is a way to test out if your family is ready to adopt. The shorter time frame is a good way to see if you and your family can fully commit before adopting a pet.
9. Knowing you made a difference in that animal’s life is paramount. You have provided these pets with a comforting and nurturing home and that is a great feeling, you’ll want to do it all over again!