top of page
We act as the Pound for the Town of Claresholm

Found Animals

If you know of an animal at large or in distress:

  • in Claresholm, please call the Town Bylaw officer at (403)-625-3381.

  • in the MD of Willow Creek, please call the MD Bylaw officer at (403)-625-2248.

  • MD Bylaw complaint line: (403)-625-2248.

If you have picked up a stray animal and no one is currently at the shelter, please call leave us a message at (403)-625-5370 and your call will be returned as soon as possible, or email, or message us through Facebook. 

If you know of a stray animal that requires emergency veterinary care, please contact your local vet immediately.

If you are inquiring about surrendering your pet, please review the Surrender Policy and complete the surrender application. It is important to note that all pet surrender applications should first be reviewed by the CAReS Board and you will be subsequently contacted. 

As per Alberta law, we hold animals for 72 hours. After 72 hours they become property of CAReS.

Lost Animals

If you have lost your animal and would like us to keep an eye out for them please call our office at (403)-625-5370

or send us an email at You can also message us on Facebook. (Claresholm Animal Rescue Society)

Contact us on our Facebook Page and we can help advertise your lost pet. 


Please let us know the breed / color / gender / size / distinctive markings / tattoo or characteristics.  Don't forget to include your name and number. If you are emailing or contacting us on Facebook, please send pictures if possible.

We encourage you to post this information to the Facebook Group "Lethbridge and Area - Lost and Found Pets" (Fort Macleod also has a lost and found pets page.)

Other places you can call to check for your animal: Town of Nanton, Lethbridge Humane Society, Pincher Creek Animal Shelter, and Last Chance Cat Ranch.

If your animal is being held in the pound:


Please contact:

Town Bylaw officer at 403-625-0202 

Town of Claresholm at 403- 625-3381

 or Email:

Please know that there are impound fees to be paid.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact the bylaw officer.

bottom of page